Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Painted Parts Tray

Another project finished!
I bought this revolving parts tray last November with plans to have this finished way before this.
I love the old vintage revolving trays but a little pricey.
Actually I bought two of them. The first one my husband put together, the second one came with me to Arizona for my sewing room here.

I finally put it together and spray painted it with Rustoleum Canvas White (love that color!).


This is what they look like originally. We bought them at Harbor Freight (use the coupon and they are less than 20 bucks). Every box was broken open, I inspected the 2nd one before we left and I thought everything was there but when I started to put it together I found that there was a middle part that was missing, luckily it was for the 3 section tray and not one of the 6 section trays. I like the smaller 6 section trays better.
There are supposed to be two 6 section and two 3 section trays = four revolving trays total).

So I put it together anyway and I actually like the odd number of trays better plus it's not so tall. All in all it worked out just fine. 


I replaced the knob on top with a painted wood knob.
The hard part was finding enough stuff to fill it! 
Also you need to keep the weight in the trays balanced or it will look a little wonky.


Another corner of my sewing room, still not finished though.
I'm not sure I'll keep the child's millinery hat in that frame (I just hung that there last night).
There's a piece of fabric draped over the vintage chest of drawers (under the small black box) I plan to cover that little chest of drawers with that fabric...next winters project...I've already started a list!


And I couldn't resist adding the Cereus cactus flower that opened up full this morning...it's 7" across.


Next I hope to take a few pictures of the dining room, so far I really like how it's turning out.
One more flea market this weekend and then I can start loading up my van to drive back to Minnesota.
Thanks for stopping by!

Linking to:


8 comments:

  1. That turned out great, Faye. I like it white! Can't wait to see your dining room. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very useful piece and of course it had to be painted. Also looking forward to seeing your dining room!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this same piece from Harbor Freight. I painted mine white too! It holds so much stuff and was such a great deal compared to others I have priced. That cactus flower is simply gorgeous! Have a safe trip back to Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those metal bins - great choice of color. The framed child's hat is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The parts tray looks wonderful, and the cactus flower is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! It looks good and it's so functional with everything out where you can see it. Have a safe and fun trip back to Minnesota. Thanks Faye for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the revolving tray bt even more so that Gorgeous black box with the pretty lining xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought two of these, also! Love them for storing small bits! I am anxious for school to get out so that I can get mine painted and put together! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!