Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Quick Trip to the Thrift Store!

I couldn't pass on this old picnic basket at $6! It will  be part of my vintage camper's patio....someday.
The cute little shelf will get a make over.


I always pick up dishes with this design. I don't even know the name of it but I think it's so pretty, it's such a simple design and I love the aqua inside. I found 4 cups to add to my little collection.


I think the next two are pretty nice scores!
Neither picture is very good, it's dark and cloudy and terribly humid and sticky so I didn't stay outside any longer than necessary.


I like the magazine holder and even better is the last thing I spotted, on the top shelf back in the corner, was the tole shelf.
I think it was a well worth the quick stop that day!


Thanks for stopping by!
 Next post...Wyoming Bunkhouse, sanding texture, painting and getting the most important room finished...the bathroom! WooHoo!
Flush toilet, shower, running water!!!
Goodbye Outhouse!

Linking to:






7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet finds! I love those little cups...I have a creamer that matches them. The pattern is called Boutonniere. I too love the aqua blue inside! Sounds like you have lots planned for the Wyoming bunkhouse! Have fun...:)

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pretty cups and happy to see that Vicky knew the name. The sweet magazine holder and almost look like they belong together. Thanks for joining the party:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post title caught my eye! (Of course)

    I have a fond memory of your cups...we had the dish set when I was a little girl. All I had was one little bread plate to remember it and now I think we lost it from using it for the cat! (For shame!)
    Anyway, yes, someone already gave you the name...but did you know they were made by Taylor, Smith, and Taylor? The same company that produced my favorite pastel LuRay collection. :)

    Enjoy! You have a great thrift shop.

    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I collect those picnic baskets, Boy...you got a great buy! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picnic basket! My Grandmother had cups just like this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The picnic basket is in perfect shape, and I love the cups with the bachelor buttons on them! I can't believe it's time for you to head south again, Faye! Summer went by way too fast.
    We are getting hit with some severe storms today.
    I haven't been blogging much...so I missed this post.
    I'll try to keep in touch better.
    Love to you, sweet friend.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!