Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Saturday, March 22, 2014

Fresh Grapefruit...A Work of Art

Farmers Market was today, my favorite little old man was there with his pink grapefruit
5 for $1


I mumbled out loud as I was filling my bag, I can't pick these off a tree in Minnesota!

When I came home and took them out of the bag I thought...it's a work of art! That gorgeous grapefruit with the stem and fresh green leaves!


They were picked this morning, fresh off his own trees. I took every one he had!!!!
They are huge, yup, and I ate that little dried out blue bunny immediately after the picture was taken, he was there to get an idea of the size of the fruit, I'm sure you all know the size of Peeps.
(They don't stay soft and squishy here for very long.)

Now I'll go attack one of these monster grapefruits!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome...lucky you, I would eat one everyday if they were fresh and cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness, Faye! Those look so good. When we lived in FL we had our own grapefruit and orange and avocado trees. Oh- to have that here! Great buy you made there!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!