Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day 1959!

Happy valentine's day from 1959!



I found this pretty heart shaped candy box at the flea market a couple of weeks ago.

Can you believe I had it in my hand and then set it back down!!!
I expected it would be costly and it has a faint stain in the upper right corner.

I walked away!

I walked past the booth again, still there, back again a third time (about 3 hours later) to tell the woman I would be driving in soon to pick up my other 2 items, I walked over to the heart and finally asked the price.
5 bucks!!!!
What ever was I thinking! I handed her a 5 dollar bill immediately.
She had a few more but this was the oldest and the prettiest.

I especially like that the original recipient wrote the date that she received it on the back, makes it even more special.
And now I don't even notice the faint stain!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Linking to;










14 comments:

  1. Faye- What a wonderful vintage candy box. I love that it is marked-think how special that must have been to the woman receiving it. What a buy!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the old candy boxes!
    Happy Valentine's day to you!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful old candy box. And a bargain, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful box. I saw a vintage valentine today for 18.50, just a simple little one-sided card with no writing. You got a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely. I almost didn't buy a crazy quilt I found at the thrift store thinking I couldn't afford it. I dithered and then decided to find out how much it was. When she said it was $5.00, I quickly handed her the money and almost ran out of the store. It is really old and I don't think they knew what they had. It is my treasure now, just like your beautiful box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is so pretty no wonder you loved it. Such a reasonable price too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, these always fly out of our shop!
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The candy box is lovely, Faye!
    You really got yourself a deal.
    Happy Valentines Day to you dear friend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you didn't miss out on this one! It's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, gorgeous! I showed a couple of my candy boxes in my last post and I said that when it comes to Valentine candy boxes, it's not what's inside that counts but it's what the box looks like that counts! :) So again, great vintage box!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pink Saturday!
    Hi,
    I love your heart box. And heart boxes in general. Especially the pink ones.

    monah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!