Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chippy white cast iron...

I may have accidentally started a new collection...old grates!


I love this very heavy old cast iron grate, I wonder what it was used for? It has the best chippy white paint that made it irresistible to me. I'll be able to find several places to display this old chunk of metal!

(A few bunnies are still on the loose from Easter....)



And just 2 more of the common grates, sort of plain and ordinary, that will find a place eventually among my clutter.

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking to;
Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 

9 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE the first grate! Awesome piece, a keeper for sure!
    I have a collection of doorknob plates and a couple of grates too!
    FUN!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first grate too. I don't know what I would use it for but the pattern is lovely. JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love grates too...that first one of yours is absolutely gorgeous, Faye!!!
    You've displayed it so very well.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your grates. In old houses those were used to cover the hole in the floor for heaters. Now I want to find some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you have a collection lol! I've never seen one like the first one...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous and have so much character. I love old grates and have several of them hanging in my bathroom....perfect pieces of art:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a little collection of these too! Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some grates are so pretty and ornate. Perfect to add to one's decor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!