Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Rose Dishes

We're on vacation but I couldn't resist going back into my files and posting...I didn't want to miss out on the parties this week.

I apologize for not getting back to any of your helpful comments last week. With packing and trying to get ready to go, I just couldn't...I thought I would but it just didn't happen.

I found this large set of dishes at my favorite thrift store a few months ago. It could stand a few more cups but there are a dozen dinner plates and saucers. There are about 6 salad plates and 6 soup bowls.

I love the sugar bowl but the little creamer was missing. I just happened upon one for sale on Etsy so I grabbed it but I didn't take a picture to add to these.
I just love the pattern with the sweet pink roses and the blue and gold border. I wouldn't mind adding to this set.
The pattern is Mt. Vernon and it was made by Hall for Sears. I found them in an old Sears catalog...I need to ask Mr. Wild what year but they were featured as the top of the line dishes at that time in that catalog.

Thanks for visiting and I'll try to do better on returning comments.

We're out in wild and wonderful Wyoming working on our retirement place.

Be sure to check out these parties...
Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
Happy to Design for Sunday Favorites

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous plates! Enjoy your trip my friend. Lots of hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty plates! Have a wild time on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Hope you are having a good time.
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wymoning...one of my favorite places! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh! These plates are just gorgeous. No wonder you snapped up a creamer to go with that sugar bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I was somewhere wild and wonderful!!! So glad you are!!! Don't work too hard, though!

    You sure find some good stuff, Faye!
    It's getting harder around here, that's for sure!

    Hugs to you gal!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't it just shock you when you see what they sold for in the catalog?

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are very pretty! You have a great start to a wonderful set - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look lovely. You have a beautiful blog. I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks lovely! You have a great blog. I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful plates! I love anything with roses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful dishes! Thanks for linking it to HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Faye...

    Ohhh...what beautiful dishes! You scored BIG time...what a wonderful treasure find! Glad that you were able to find the creamer on ebay! This is the first time that I have seen this dish pattern. It really is lovely with the pretty pink roses and the beautiful blue and gold pattern! It will set a beautiful table for sure!

    Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful dishes with us for the Sunday Favorites party this week! It was a real pleasure to have you join in with the fun!

    Have a super Sunday, my friend!
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your post a couple of years later...and see your china find. My grandmother had this as her wedding china...Married in the 1940's. I love it! I did not know it was from Sears. Interesting fact. -aimee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!