Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Friday, May 13, 2011

New Rose Bushes

I stopped by the nursery to pick up a hanging basket and came home with more...


I want so badly to grow a few roses but I'll be darned if I'm going to do the "Minnesota Tip" every fall. (That's where you dig a trench and tip the bush down into it and cover it with earth...way too much work!)



Let me introduce you to the 'new' roses! This is Ole developed by the University of Minnesota to withstand our harsh winters without being buried in the ground. There is also a Sven and Lena (sounds like MinnesOtans).

Then there is this beauty called All The Rage and smells divine, I don't know where this rose came from but it is guaranteed to be hardy.
I decided to dig up a small area in the back and try out these two, see what happens this winter and IF they make it...I'll add Sven and Lena, by then they'll probably have added another Swede.

And my fuchsia hanging basket, what I originally went in the nursery for...such a soft pretty pink, I couldn't resist it!

Thanks for stopping!



Linking to How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday


4 comments:

  1. That is why I have tried to stay from the nurseries this year. They have so many tempting things. You made some good chosen with these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roses are lovely. I so love fuschias & got 2 small ones.

    Have a beautiful PINK weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    5 Day GIVEAWAY, pop over

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo pretty, Faye! I have been wanting some roses, too! I have a couple of knock out rose bushes, but I want the fuller more beautiful ones! I need to start looking for one!
    Hugs to you, sweetie!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous roses and it's awesome that they have developed ones that can withstand your cold winters. I hope they end up providing you years and years of beautiful flowers.

    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!