Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Little Bit of Bling

Aren't these little orbs of bling pretty! I started collecting these last year. Little round balls of bling among an old piece of petticoat lace. Such a pretty combination.


I hope this qualifies for White Wednesday, the old white petticoat and the white sparkle of the rhinestones....




My 3 favorites...


And a few more favorites...



I guess I like them all!


Someone asked...yes, they are vintage for sure. I'm not sure how old, I can tell some of them have to be from the 60's/70's but others definitely have the that old metal look. I wish I knew more about them.


Some of you have asked what I'm going to do with them. My first plan was to hang them in a window by very fine monofiliment fish line at all different lengths, which I probably will still do with some. Since I don't make jewelry, I'd like to tie one onto a little bottle with a piece of lace, use them as little adornments on various things.



I'm glad you all enjoyed seeing them and that I found something to post that several of you have never seen.


Thanks for stopping by!


Linking to Faded Charm for White Wednesday.




Happy to Design for Sunday Favorites

19 comments:

  1. I have never seen anything like these (and I use to run an antique mall!)
    Great collection. This is a collection I could get into myself. WOW!
    Thanks for linking up to my party! I hope you had fun doing it.
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are Fab-so sparkly and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty..........think of all the places they probably went to in the 50's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi: I love those piece of bling. What a great collection. I will have to keep my eyes open for them. Have a wonderful New Year. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! Lace and rhinestones are two of my favorite things!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rhinestones are just beautiful...oh yes, I think they qualify:)! I love bling. Are these vintage?....I have never seen these before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think ANYONE would question that those fabulous blingy things belong in White Wednesday! They would be my favorites, too - thanks for sharing - Happy White Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, those are amazing! What are you going to do with them? I love bling.

    come visit
    Cindy@stitches

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these orbs, I was given one many years ago and I have just found it again and used it just last week in my art.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very pretty, love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also purchased some of these little bling balls from Etsy this year to use in Jewelry creations. Your extensive collection is lovely... mine were all the same, but I really do like them and shall look for more!

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Does this bring back memories!! When I was little, I had a little fistful of these beauties! So glad to see these because it does remind me of my first shabby love. Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE all your bling. I have a few pieces as well! Happy WW!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's nothing prettier than lace and old rhinestones!
    *´¨)
    ¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
    (¸.*´ (¸.*´* Lori Lynn *

    PS: I'm having a 400th post giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As a lover of old buttons and vintage stuff to make jewelry with ~ I love these!! So pretty, and yes I think they are perfect for white Wednesday! Check out my blog if you have time, I'm having a giveaway!!! junkinjulie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Faye...

    Ohhh my...such pretties! I have seen these little rhinestone beauties before but have never thought to hang them in a window..that would be sooo pretty! I can just imagine how they would sparkle with the sunlight! What a GRAND idea! I also think that using them to decorate a bottle or such is a great idea too! They sure look pretty with the old lace in your photos, my friend! Thank you so much for sharing them with us for the Sunday Favorites repost party this week...what a treat! I do apologize at being so late to get by...it has been crazy busy at my place!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!