Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, December 28, 2010

White Pitchers

I love vintage white pitchers, I think most all of you do too.
I finally started collecting them this last spring and this is what I have...so far. They are terribly addicting!
In my last post for White Wednesday I mentioned that I cleared them off the dining room table and moved them onto the coffee table...temporarily. They are so pretty here that they will stay for awhile. The sun shines on them just right, I love how they look in this spot...until I find a permanent place for them. The vintage silver tinsel is still draped on them for awhile, gives them that New Year's Holiday look.



The smaller pitcher below, with the tinsel draped on it, is the most recent addition and it is my favorite. I love the shape and the slightly aged look it has.
I just love them all!

Happy White Wednesday!
Linking with Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday.



16 comments:

  1. Love your pitchers! I collect them too, but most of mine are pink roses.

    leave it out...looks great for winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I am like you I love them all, but I am kinda partial to the last picture with the squareish one.

    I agree with Ann leave them out they are festive, great winter look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful collection! My theory on collecting is that if they are HAPPY in our home, they take on a life of their own and "Multiply"... And if word gets out you have a happy home, "those little white beauties will follow you home"... I can't be in a thrift shop and see one without thinking of all you lovely ladies. I too LOVE that "Squarish One"... I LOVE the way you have displayed them and the tinsel is perfect!!! Hugs to you, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet and pretty collection of white pitchers. I love them all together on the tray.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I love your collection. Pitchers are one of the best sellers at my shop. Every once in awhile I keep some. I prefer mine to be really vintage but those are getting harder and harder to find. Sometimes I think that if what you want is the look new is just as good. I like creasing and staining though. Blessings,Marta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello
    Love your white pitchers... I have a small collection also but haven't added to it in a while.
    Wishing you a blessed new year
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup! The square one stands out! Love the way you show them all together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness... your collection is just beautiful! I adore collecting white ironstone pitchers, too. I LOVE the different shapes and sizes you've found... each one very special!
    Happy WW!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmmm! The creamy white goodness of ironstone! Add silver garland to that and you have a perfect vignette, Faye! Just beautiful! I'm addicted to vintage white pitchers, too. Happy WW!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my you have quite a collection there, just perfect for White Wednesday, hugs, tami

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the white pitchers, how divine!!! They look so great with just about any decor......I can never get enough whites!!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love you collection of pitchers, their just beautiful!!!
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your white pitchers!!! I have two and am thrilled to have those. I don't know if its the area I live in or what, but I cannot find them anywhere. Can you please tell me of some places where I can maybe purchase some. Thanks so much.
    ~Karen~ lilies_of_the_field@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a weakness for these, and your collection is wonderful!
    gail
    adventuresininnkeeping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such lovely white pitchers! They look great grouped together and the tinsel is the perfect touch.
    Blessings~
    Gwenny

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh i love white pitchers! I gather them too.

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!