Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Old Maytag Ringer Washers

You may think I have an obsession with old Maytag wringer washing machines, and I guess I am little different!

I grew up using a wringer washer. That's just how my mom and my Grandmother washed clothes.

I love doing laundry this way. It's faster, it saves water, clothes get cleaner and for me it's enjoyable. I think the best part is hanging everything on the clothes line in the sunshine to dry.

This is my moms old Maytag and I'm still using it. Runs like new! Unfortunately it's not set up at home but at our vacation place. Eventually it will make it into the house but for now I do the laundry in the pole barn.



This is my Grandmothers old Maytag. I picked up an old wooden electric Puffer Hubbard years ago at a flea market you can see in the background.

We picked this one up at a yard sale....I really wanted a turquoise washer....


Then I found this one for $15...good for parts or a planter....



My husband left me alone for a few minutes at a farm auction and this is what I bought while he wasn't looking....3 at $10 each... how could I choose just one! I think one is in good shape but the others can be for parts and to use as flower planters.


We're on our way home and a friend tells me she knows where I can pick up a gas wringer washer for free....we're stopping at his ranch!






Thank you Kathleen of Faded Charm for another White Wednesday!








12 comments:

  1. You are kidding me!!! They find their way to your home because they know they will be loved!!!
    They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my Aunt Roberta from Finleyville PA doing her laundry in the basement with one of these. Haven't thought of that in years.

    Then there would be the rows of laundry line with everything hung up to dry...

    Nice memories...thank you

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are absolutely fabulous..and in great condition, too! Where do you store them all?? LOL!

    Happy White Wednesday!

    *´¨)
    ¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
    (¸.*´ (¸.*´* LORI LYNN *

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are such wonderful pieces. I adore old appliances. Hope you can stop by on Friday and check out our new teen bedroom giveaway. Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just precious! I'm a sucker for vintage finds too! :) I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link your wonderful creations up at my weekly party, Fabulous Friday Finds, every Friday! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite a collection...very cool!
    gail
    adventuresininnkeeping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ho! what a beautiful antiques I do remember how wringer washer was a thank you you are good. Did you ever get anything caught in a wringer? clothes can wrap around the wringer and be torn.it would be cool to see video lady with washer-extractor and twist to see the clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! My aunt had one of these and I fondly remember using it out on the back porch. I love to hang out clothes on the line and my hubs is about to make a clothes line for me. thanks for visiting me♥olive

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used one of these when I was first married and had to watch my pennies.
    It saved on soap and really did get everything super clean.
    I can't believe you have so many!
    I liked the idea of being able to let them wash as long as I liked.
    I have done this in the winter time, but imagine it could get a bit nippy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for u ! 10$$ a piece, unheard of. I would have got them too! ~judy~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Quite a collection of wringer washers! You're not alone - I'm a huge fan. In fact, I've got an album on Flickr under "wringerwasherfan".

    Amazing to think that there are lots of folks now that wouldn't even know how to do the laundry in a wringer washer. Setting up the rinse tubs, the sorting of loads, etc. Glad to see there are those like me that keep the "art" alive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a smart idea to get extras for parts! I have a Maytag J Commander for dyeing fabric.... Continuous agitation - no automatic cycles!!! I'm jealous because I see that more is better!!!!!!
    I will have to start looking around here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!